Monday, September 15, 2008

Geometry Poetry: Hickory Cohort

Shapes are all around us
Such as squares, diamonds, rhombus
In every area you will find
A formula in your mind
In math you can trust

Limerick by Cindy Briles & Sheng Yang

Our Geometry class was scary,
solving the problems got hairy.
Our eyes bugged out
and we began to shout!
When it comes to math now-
we figured out how.
Thanks to Pam by far,
more confident we are!

Rhyming poem by Pat Blanton & Paula Hamrick & Kari Thomas

Sometimes
Happy
Always
Proud
Excited about
Shapes

Acrostic by Pat Blanton & Paula Hamrick & Kari Thomas

Geometry is
more fun than social studies
and more fun than science

Haiku by Pat Blanton & Paula Hamrick & Kari Thomas

Some have many sides to count, but some
Have none and are completely round
Area is the amount of space a shape covers
Perimeter is the distance around
Equations create a problem to solve, and
Solutions are the answers we are looking for

Acrostic by Sonya Elliott & Tanya Mussetter

Once there was a square
who had 4 sides.
Each side being equal and wide.
At every corner I am 90 degrees.
So measure me if you please!

Narrative by Mandy Hinkle & Cheryl Martin

The first letter in my name.
Rectangle I am half
I have three corners.
All sides may be equal.
No circles here
Geometry I am part of.
Like me or not
Every triangle equal 180 degrees.

Acrostic by Mandy Hinkle & Cheryl Martin

Prisms
Prisms here, prisms there
prisms can be found most anywhere!
My cereal box and even my T.V.
I can't believe there are so many.
Just take a look. . . prisms are everywhere!

Jonie B & Kim H.

Square
Hypotenues
Art
Pythagorean Theorum
Equilateral
Straight Angles

Acrostic by Melessa, Amy, Marcia

Equilateral.
Triangle, acute angles.
Angles, sides equal.

Haiku by Melessa, Amy, Marcia

Geometry Rules
First multiply base times height
To find area.

Haiku by Kristie Hess, Kathy Walker, & Michele Martin

"No wonder they call me a square"

My desk measures 3" x 3',
My book 12: x 12:
My locker number is 180,
with a combination of 30, 60, 90.
My favorite holiday would be Pythagoras Day,
and my favorite gift a protractor.
My bedroom is laid out in all right angles,
No wonder they call me a square.

Narrative by Kristie Hess, Kathy Walker, & Michele Martin

Simple
Hexagons
Always
Play
Even in the
Sun

Acrostic by Tammy Hammer & Gina Sain

Angles here, angles there,
There are angles everywhere
Triangles lines equal three
Right angles equal 90 degrees
Oh how dull our world would be,
If we did not have angles to see.

Rhyming by Tammy Hammer & Gina Sain

Sides
Hexagon
Asymmetry
Points
Equal
Symmetrical

Acrostic by Janet Bandy & Connie Simpers

We will discuss shapes
including angles and lines
When we teach math later.

Haiku by Janet Bandy & Connie Simpers

No comments: